I think it’s safe to say that there are a few words and phrases that we all never want to hear again, including “unprecedented times”, “quarantine”, “new normal”, and anything else related to COVID19.
While I have enjoyed working from home, I am ready for things to go back to as normal as possible. I am running out of shows and movies to watch, can only take so many daily walks, and need some human interaction since I live alone.
As I am dreaming of things going back to normal, I’ve made a list of places and activities that I can’t wait to get back to. Who knew we would miss eating inside restaurants so much?!
1. The Well Coffeehouse. Easily my favorite coffee shop in Nashville. Not only do they have great coffee, but they give back with every purchase and help build clean water wells in third world countries. I already have a list going of people that I want to grab coffee with when all is said and done!
2. Concerts. Not only do I work in the music industry, but I love attending concerts. Seeing friends working, listening to great music, being around other people that are energized by the music…it is all just a wonderful experience that I never want to take for granted. Some venues I love are Ascend Amphitheater, the Ryman, and Bridgestone Arena!
3. Shopping at the grocery store. Or really any store. I’ve been doing grocery pickups for months now, so I would love to just browse through a grocery store without worrying about staying 6 feet apart from people. I’m slow to the game, but I just recently discovered the beauty of Trader Joe’s and can’t wait to add that into my weekly routine. I’m also wanting to explore the Franklin Farmers Market more this summer!
4. Laying out by the pool. With all this downtime and beautiful weather, it seems unfair that I can’t get a tan!
5. Shopping at Vinnie Louise. I love shopping local and I love downtown Franklin, and Vinnie Louise is one of my absolute favorite places to shop. I want to go look at all the pretty clothes, try them on, and continue to support local.
6. All things beauty…a massage, a manicure & pedicure, a sauna, a haircut. ALL THE THINGS PLEASE. I go to the Nail Bar in Cool Springs, Lunatic Fringe in Melrose, and Pure Sweat + Float Spa in Cool Springs for all of the above. I love supporting local!
7. Eating on the patio at Chuy’s. Creamy jalapeno ranch sauce. Maybe an adult beverage. Sign me up.
8. Attending a Sound’s game. I don’t think this is going to happen, but a girl can dream. Going to baseball games is one of my favorite parts of summer.
9. Going to Jeni’s ice cream with friends. Getting to look at all the ice cream options and trying samples.
10. Getting my car washed. Oh, how my car needs a really good wash on the inside and outside.
Kelsey Smith, a Nashville Guide writer
I'm one of those people that will tell you Texas is the best state and Nashville is the best city. You can find me touring on the road (selling t-shirts or being a PA) or at a local coffee shop (most likely The Well) hanging out with friends.
Instagram: @riotkelsey // Email: email@example.com
Photo credits: 1 @wellcoffeehouse 2 @ascend_amphitheater 3 @franklinfarmersmkt 4 @vinnielouisefranklin 5 @psfscoolsprings 6 @chuysrestaurant 7 @jenisicecreams