Halloween has turned into a holiday that is no longer just for kids! While we are fans of family costumes and seeing what the latest trends are, October 31st has become much more than walking around and trick or treating.
Nashville has truly embraced Halloween and we’ve gathered up some events that are sure to be a hit!
Stranger Things Pop Up Bar at HQ Beercade (Free)
Date(s): now through Halloween
- This pop up will take you through the Starcourt Mall, Castle Byers, the Upside
- Down, and more
- Drinks specials include ELEVEN, De-Marg-Organ, The Mind Player, and The
- Pumpkin Patch
- All arcade games upstairs are FREE
L27’s Rooftop Rewind Series (Free)
Date: Tuesday, October 22nd at 7pm
- Celebrating the 55th Anniversary of the classic TV show The Addams Family!
- There will be special Morticia, Wednesday, and Cousin ITT themed cocktails
- DJ spinning your favorite throwbacks.
- Spooky attire is encouraged
An Evening of Victorian Seership (Ticketed)
Date: Thursday, October 24th
- Nashville Astrologer and Psychic Medium Suzie Kerr Wright will be hosting this event at the Centennial Black Box Theater
- Enjoy tea and scones as you listen to stories of the early Spiritualist mediums and psychics and experience what it’s like to sit in a séance in the late 1800’s.
- Dress casual, but Victorian costumes are encouraged!
- Tickets are $40 and must be purchased in advance
Pumpkinfest in Downtown Franklin (Free)
Date: Saturday, October 26th from 10am-7pm
- Live entertainment, crafts, food, a beer garden, and costume contests
Butchertown Hall’s Second Annual Pumpkin Carving Competition (Free)
Date: Sunday, October 27th from 5-8:30pm
- Guests can grab a pumpkin from their patch or bring their own. Carving tools are provided.
- Pumpkin carving judging will take place at 8pm
- Three $50 gift cards will be awarded in the following categories: scariest pumpkin, most creative pumpkin, and funniest pumpkin
- A fall happy hour will also be taking place and will include $4 hot apple cider, signature Halloween cocktails, and $8 Knackwurst sausages
Campari & Canines at Marsh House (Free)
Date: Wednesday, October 30 from 6-
- A special yappy hour event filled with tricks, treats, and prizes.
- Pups can enjoy photo ops in the doggy photo booth and plenty of treats provided by Campari and Pet Wants
- Guests can enjoy unbeatable happy hour specials, which include drinks and bar bites.
- A costume contest for all dogs in attendance. The winner will receive a special prize from Marsh House and Campari.
- Pet Wants will be supplying gift bags for everyone.
Halloween at L.A. Jackson (Free)
Date: Thursday, October 31 from 8pm-close
Photos: @l27rooftopL27’s Halloween Freak Show Party (Ticketed)Date(s): October 31st - November 2nd from 8pm-2am
- The rooftop’s not-to-be-missed Halloween party will include beats by DJ Austin, Tarot readings, costume contests, eerie decorations, and spooky potions.
- Guests can enjoy festive concoctions like We All Float Down Here, inspired by the classic Stephen King novel It featuring overproof rum, cider, pineapple, and angostura, with a bit of charcoal for spooky darkness and garnished with a red balloon
- Admission is complimentary and open to the public.
- This rooftop lounge will be transformed into a “creepy carnival-themed” party
- There will be a DJ as well as carnival-inspired entertainment ranging from a magician, a tarot card reader, and a snake lady
- Costumes REQUIRED for entry
- Full bar available along with Halloween inspired cocktails
- Tickets are $25 and can be purchased online or at the door
Bar Otaku’s Cosplay Contest
Date: Thursday, October 31st
- First place winner receives $100 cash & a $50 gift card, second place winner
- receives a $50 gift card. Winners announced at midnight.
Kelsey Smith, a Nashville Guide writer
I'm one of those people that will tell you Texas is the best state and Nashville is the best city. You can find me touring on the road (selling t-shirts or being a PA) or at a local coffee shop (most likely The Well) hanging out with friends.
Instagram: @riotkelsey // Email: firstname.lastname@example.org